Blood scandal

paddy no 11

Blood scandal

Post by paddy no 11 »

Jesus christ, wtf is wrong with governments (corporations and individuals) & cover ups

Blood scandal
Post office
Hillsborough
(Dublin and monaghan bombings to come)

We've had the same in Ireland, my aunt was infected with hepatitis C by anti D Blood products in the 1970s, exact same story as ye're seeing today, cover up all the way
paddy no 11

Re: Blood scandal

Post by paddy no 11 »

John major
Ken clarke

Hang your fucking heads
Son of Mathonwy

Post by Son of Mathonwy »

Do the right thing never even comes into it. It's all about covering for your mates and peers, making sure you'll get your back scratched in return, never a thought for the ordinary citizen.
morepork

Post by morepork »

Sweet Jesus this is grim. Cutting corners to outsource blood. An MBA is no substitute for an MD, or a PhD in the biological sciences. This is a consequence of lazy neoliberal economic group think. I would suggest that this group think is responsible for pretty much every avoidable epidemic/ pandemic in the last 70 years. Mother Nature is a harsh mistress, and if you cannot grasp the basic concepts of biological transmission, you have no place in the discussion of health policy. So utterly predictable.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Yeah, its clear that the first impulse of any organisation is to draw ranks and protect their own. Very rarely is anyone held criminally accountable. Paula Vennels might come close to that (and she would deserve jail time in my opinion) but that would then allow a number of others who are equally culpable to escape serious scrutiny in my opinion, including Ed Davy.

Thisis something the next government needs to consider. The orginal act was bad enough, but an apology and compensation then would have dealt with the issue rather than drag it out for decades and destroy confidence in public institutions along the way.