Stuart Hogg - Retiring after the RWC

Moderator: OptimisticJock

Mikey Brown

Re: Stuart Hogg - Retiring after the RWC

Post by Mikey Brown »

BaldiePete wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:48 pm It turns outs he’s a despicable cunt. Goes off with another woman while his wife is pregnant with his 4th child.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertain ... s-31451114
That was difficult to read in numerous ways. Beyond the adverts and completely incoherent writing style it’s still looking like our Scotland captain and hero is just as much of a twat as had been rumoured a few months back. What a shame.

I still don’t really understand if he and his wife were separated when their child arrived? But it’s not a good look, regardless.

Is he not hoping to move on to a media career? It seems very strange with all of this looming. Is he really going to be a face people want to see?
Big D

Post by Big D »

Not clever timing is it. Seems like they split a while ago (possibly due to him) but his mind should really have been on his wee one.

Not behaviour I'm keen on or something I would do but as "scandals" go sportsman with new woman after wife he has split from has a baby (or cheating on pregnant wife) is pretty tame.

We'll never get (or want) the whole truth, and neither should we as its their private life but on the face of it, it seems very poor.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Big D wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:48 am Not clever timing is it. Seems like they split a while ago (possibly due to him) but his mind should really have been on his wee one.

Not behaviour I'm keen on or something I would do but as "scandals" go sportsman with new woman after wife he has split from has a baby (or cheating on pregnant wife) is pretty tame.

We'll never get (or want) the whole truth, and neither should we as its their private life but on the face of it, it seems very poor.
Agreed. It just seems particularly weird because of how much he's been in the media recently and frequently talking about the importance of his family, but who knows what has gone on behind the scenes.
septic 9

Post by septic 9 »

Big D wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:48 am Not clever timing is it. Seems like they split a while ago (possibly due to him) but his mind should really have been on his wee one.

agreed

Looks like shit behaviour, feel for his wife and kids

But stuff like this happens all too often in all walks of life, not least sport. I can't and won't condone it, but its their lives to sort out, not for us. At the end of the day sportsmen and women are just people like to the rest of us.

I don't know Hogg personally so it makes little to no impact on me and my life, and TBH it doesn't affect how I saw him as a player or his achievements. He was a great player.

@Mikey - he has been doing punditry for TNT Sports )ex BT sports) this season. Been ok until last week where he heavily criticised a ref decision was was 100% correct, but went against Exeter. If he carries out like that he'll be up there with Shane Williams for intellectual input
CunningPunter

Post by CunningPunter »

Lools like things are further unravelling:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cp4l8vnjvr9o
Cameo

Post by Cameo »

He really needs soms help. It's a bit Borid Becker ish him doing these media things as if everything is going okay while these stories keep coming out
BaldiePete

Post by BaldiePete »

He’s been to a rehab clinic. Hopefully it has helped.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union ... 2pjjj819zo
BaldiePete

Post by BaldiePete »

It looks like his court case is this week, which probably explains the timing of the statement about being in rehab. No apology to those he has hurt though. There’s a thread on Reddit about it.