New and Improved EPS Watch/Player Form Thread

Moderator: Puja

Banquo

Re: New and Improved EPS Watch/Player Form Thread

Post by Banquo »

Epaminondas Pules wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:03 pm We’ve had a mix. There’s some clubs where they’ve struggled with number dropping off and other who are thriving like never before. We’re one of those. Even more so the girls sections are really thriving. Getting great numbers.
I do sense there is a bit of a lessening of the drop away and for sure girls/women’s is booming
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Need to get Jack Willis back #justsaying
francoisfou

Post by francoisfou »

Banquo wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:27 pm Need to get Jack Willis back #justsaying
Aye, he was rather good this afternoon, but I'd think he's quite happy here.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

francoisfou wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:38 pm
Banquo wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:27 pm Need to get Jack Willis back #justsaying
Aye, he was rather good this afternoon, but I'd think he's quite happy here.
Yep keeping fit helps
Puja

Post by Puja »

Charlie Morgan giving a paean to Will Evans after his performance against Glasgow: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union ... pions-cup/
Without paywall: https://12ft.io/www.telegraph.co.uk/rug ... pions-cup/

Hard to argue with much of that. I'd've had him in the England squad before the 6N and still would be very interested in us taking a look at him.

Puja
Backist Monk
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

I gave up on that idea a while ago but I'd have loved to see it.

BTW the 12ft thing hasn't worked for me for a while now. Either giving me text so enormous it's unreadable or just saying not loading at all. Do you ever have issues with it?
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Puja wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:55 am Charlie Morgan giving a paean to Will Evans after his performance against Glasgow: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union ... pions-cup/
Without paywall: https://12ft.io/www.telegraph.co.uk/rug ... pions-cup/

Hard to argue with much of that. I'd've had him in the England squad before the 6N and still would be very interested in us taking a look at him.

Puja
aye, he's terrific, and we could do with an old skool now new skool 7.
p/d

Post by p/d »

Mikey Brown wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:12 pm I gave up on that idea a while ago but I'd have loved to see it.

BTW the 12ft thing hasn't worked for me for a while now. Either giving me text so enormous it's unreadable or just saying not loading at all. Do you ever have issues with it?
Hang on in there. Puja’s probably composing a m-b-m reply
Puja

Post by Puja »

p/d wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:15 pm
Mikey Brown wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:12 pm I gave up on that idea a while ago but I'd have loved to see it.

Hang on in there. Puja’s probably composing a m-b-m reply
It'll be with you within 3-4 working weeks.

I've actually downloaded a paywall blocking add-on to the Firefox on my laptop, which lets me get in most places, so I haven't used 12ft in a while. Sad to hear they're getting around it, although I suppose it was always only a matter of time.

Puja
Backist Monk
Danno

Post by Danno »

It still works if you paste the link yourself. Direct links have been disabled for some reason
p/d

Post by p/d »

Out of interest what is the state of play regards Chessum junior?
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

p/d wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:51 am Out of interest what is the state of play regards Chessum junior?
Injured. Played a bit in National League 1 where apparently he was quite gobby and put himself about, that was much earlier in the season.
Whagwan

Post by Whagwan »

Mikey Brown wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:12 pm
You can use archive.ph to circumvent paywalls as well
R3dders

Post by R3dders »

Archive. PH is generally better, and direct links work.

After yesterday's choke tackle I suggest we have a straight wrestling match to determine whether sleightholme or murley starts on the wing in the AIs.

Or just play both of them.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Yeah. Freeman and IFW are old news at this point.

Great to see Sleightholme get an injury free run and Murley slowly coming back to his form of the last few seasons.

Thanks both for the mention of archive.ph. Will check that out.
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Telegraph mentioning that Jacques Vermeulen becomes EQ soon. Obviously not a long term prospect but he fits the borthwick mould very well.
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

twitchy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:31 am Telegraph mentioning that Jacques Vermeulen becomes EQ soon. Obviously not a long term prospect but he fits the borthwick mould very well.
Could be another option for the six shirt as he's a big lad. Be interesting to see if he's got the fitness to provide the Borthwick work rate, I suspect he has.

At 29 though, does Borthwick want to integrate a player that has never played international rugby and will be 32/33 by the next world cup?
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

I would say that IFW is a player that gets better the more you watch him. The opposite of a highlight reel player. You constantly notice him having positive impacts on the game.

Scrumhead

Post by Scrumhead »

FKAS wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:58 am
twitchy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:31 am Telegraph mentioning that Jacques Vermeulen becomes EQ soon. Obviously not a long term prospect but he fits the borthwick mould very well.
Could be another option for the six shirt as he's a big lad. Be interesting to see if he's got the fitness to provide the Borthwick work rate, I suspect he has.

At 29 though, does Borthwick want to integrate a player that has never played international rugby and will be 32/33 by the next world cup?
Decent player, but is he any better than those we already have? I’d rather give Ted Hill a shot or fast track Carnduff.
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Scrumhead wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:48 pm

Decent player, but is he any better than those we already have? I’d rather give Ted Hill a shot or fast track Carnduff.
Ted Hill if he can not fade in and out of games I'd be all for. Carnduff looks like he will be an international quality player but he needs a bit more game time at senior level, be a very rapid fast track as is. Carnduff has looked entirely comfortable at Prem level so far which certainly is a good sign for someone who turned 20 a month ago.
Danno

Post by Danno »

Wasn't really anywhere else to post this

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2024/ ... ugby-union
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

I’m looking forward to Mells’ take.
Scrumhead

Post by Scrumhead »

FKAS wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:30 pm

Ted Hill if he can not fade in and out of games I'd be all for. Carnduff looks like he will be an international quality player but he needs a bit more game time at senior level, be a very rapid fast track as is. Carnduff has looked entirely comfortable at Prem level so far which certainly is a good sign for someone who turned 20 a month ago.
I agree. It probably is too soon to consider Carnduff. I just have no desire for England to cap a 29 year old good, but not great South African.
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Scrumhead wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:12 pm
FKAS wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:30 pm

I agree. It probably is too soon to consider Carnduff. I just have no desire for England to cap a 29 year old good, but not great South African.
I agree, I don't think we need to. We've got Roots already from Chiefs doing that sort of role and can then also use CCS or Chessum at 6 as well. That's without going outside of the squad.