Big D

Re: The Glasgow Carpet Burns and Cary Grant Appreciation Thread

Post by Big D »

Saw a rumour Turner is off to Japan.

Probably means he is staying put.
septic 9

Post by septic 9 »

Big D wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:58 pm Saw a rumour Turner is off to Japan.

Probably means he is staying put.
one the one hand his physicality and pace would be missed.
On the other hand I think Hiddlestone will usurp either Turner or Mathews as Glasgow first choice, and quite possibly Scotland's
septic 9

Post by septic 9 »

Warriors v Sharks this week. Sharks have listed a much weaker team than v Edinburgh last week. Fair to call it a near 2nd XV, and should be a Glasgow win
Cameo

Post by Cameo »

Big day of player news. Fraser Brown has retired. If Turner is off, that just leaves Matthews, Fraser and Hiddlestone. I presume they will look for someone with some experience to fill in in case of injuries.
septic 9

Post by septic 9 »

Cameo wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:51 am Big day of player news. Fraser Brown has retired. If Turner is off, that just leaves Matthews, Fraser and Hiddlestone. I presume they will look for someone with some experience to fill in in case of injuries.
Grant Stewart, 2 years.
Good signing. Surprisingly released a couple of seasons back, will now be the old head after Mathews. And won't cost a fortune. Good move all round.
Cameo

Post by Cameo »

Yeah, good move. Was very surprised when he was realeased as he seemed on an upward trajectory.
septic 9

Post by septic 9 »

Probably won't last but enjoy it while we can. Warriors top of the league with 3 games to go.
septic 9

Post by septic 9 »

Glasgo wscore ealy then getting walloped by Bulls, big time. Yet in the end nearly nicked a win, get a LBP and a 4 try BP. Quite a game
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Whole front row subbed after half an hour?! Was that pre-planned (like I think Italy did for a bit) or were they just getting smashed in the scrum?
septic 9

Post by septic 9 »

Mikey Brown wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:43 pm Whole front row subbed after half an hour?! Was that pre-planned (like I think Italy did for a bit) or were they just getting smashed in the scrum?
planned apparently. Stewart had gone down with a couple of knocks, which ref suspected but dis not act on were time wasting, but essentially the starting front row of Bhatti, Stewart and Murphy had had very little game time, so 30mins and off

To explain a wee bit whole team were blowing out of their arse after 20mins, 29C at altitude. Yet finished looking the fitter team
Cameo

Post by Cameo »

Yeah, that plan seemed to work to some extent, though the new front row didnt make the impact hoped in the spell immediately after they came on.

After 60 mins I was ready to come on saying it was another worrying performance from the Warriors when they come up against top opposition. Now I don't know what to think.
septic 9

Post by septic 9 »

Cameo wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:07 am After 60 mins I was ready to come on saying it was another worrying performance from the Warriors when they come up against top opposition. Now I don't know what to think.
I think sometimes Glasgow are slow starters, even when they score first and early. Odd, but I think that is right!
Beyond that I'm not convinced Glasgow are quite good enough to win their way toa title, even if they manage all "home" games. But I do think they are close, and there is a bit about them if you know what I mean. They fight hard. And have some very very good youngsters coming through (not all of whom featured yesterday)